Job Title: Electronic Technician
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
About Intelligent Imaging Systems:
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools in an effort to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Our projects involve multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation to electronic hardware.
We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement and public security.
Our small and quickly expanding, company is seeking candidates for an Electronic Technician, to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Three years of experience in CCTV, machine vision, ITS or traffic control systems installation, repair, and maintenance
- Equivalent to graduation from high school, plus additional specialized training in electronics
- Possession of a valid driver’s license on the date of application
- Principles and practices of the use of diagnostic and utility software to locate problems and repair system equipment
- Principles and practices of state and local traffic control guidelines
- Cable and component color coding
- Tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, and repairing electronic solid state camera and illuminator systems, roadside electronic and associated equipment
- Practices and techniques of field and bench testing of electronic devices and components
- The relationship of the various components of a CCTV based surveillance system
- Interpretation of design schematics, site plans, maps, and engineering drawings
- Advanced mathematical principles
- Techniques and methods of record keeping
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following – handling equipment up to 50 lbs, sitting for extended periods of time and operating assigned equipment
Tasks and Activities:
The tasks and activities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Production responsibility from assembly through installation completion.
- Installing and maintaining a wide variety of Imaging and ITS devices such as CCTV and digital cameras, illuminators, video detection systems, vehicle induction loops, dynamic message signs, solid state equipment, fiber optic equipment, computerized communication cables, light emitting diode lamps, and related devices and equipment for freeway, arterial roadways and government facilities; troubleshoot malfunctions, isolate defects and repair devices and equipment; verify proper device and system operation; conduct inspections and periodic preventive maintenance
- Monitor cameras and ITS device operation through the use of a laptop computer in the field or a desktop computer in the service centre; use sophisticated ITS software, both proprietary and non-proprietary; recommend and safely complete appropriate changes for effective system operation
- Evaluate, plan, direct, and perform repair, removal, and replacement of poles, cabinets, controllers, and other equipment; repair conduit and pull wires and cable, as needed; perform emergency repairs as needed
- Modify or update existing cameras and ITS devices and equipment as required to optimize performance
- Participate in the design, layout, modification, and fabrication of the ITS components used in the field; read diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and specifications for new installations and continual maintenance of cameras and ITS devices; make corrections to schematics and blueprints; assist contractors and other agencies with installation of new devices and system expansion
- Create and maintain Production Installation and Maintenance plans
- Estimate materials and repair parts, equipment, and tools required to work at a remote or central location; make independent technical decisions in the course of day to day maintenance activities
- Direct and participate in a wide range of functional electrical tasks on cameras and ITS components; isolate prime power malfunctions and coordinate repairs with electrical contractors; replace power service points as needed
- Lead and participate in complex field and bench testing procedures on a variety of camera and ITS equipment, such as closed circuit television and digital camera systems, traffic system control units, dynamic message signs, radio communication facilities, conflict monitors, incident detection systems, inductive vehicle detection systems, power service assemblies, and others; test, troubleshoot, and repair camera and ITS equipment to component level of micro processing systems; maintain and service a variety of test and repair equipment
- Utilize proper work methods and techniques in the set up and use of equipment
- Document work performed on all camera and ITS devices in the shop or field
- Assist within the shop as needed with ongoing operations
Travel is a mandatory component of this position. Security clearances must be obtainable for travel purposes when necessary. This position will be based out of Edmonton, Alberta. This busy, challenging position offers a competitive salary, bonus structure; flex time and medical and dental benefits.
This busy, challenging position offers a competitive salary, bonus structure, flex time and medical and dental benefits.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and meet the qualifications, please send your resume along with a letter of intent by pressing the button below, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.