Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. has developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, expertise and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement and public security.
Our projects involve multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation and electronic hardware.
Intelligent Imaging Systems is currently seeking candidates for an Electronics Technician/Field Services Coordinator, to begin immediately. The qualified individual must have a back ground in a production and field work environments and have the ability to estimate work effort. Experience with scheduling and coordinating service personnel is an asset. The candidate will be required to perform assembly, testing and onsite installation of our electronic and control systems.
- Lead the prioritization, planning and deployment of field service personnel.
- Understand technical and operational aspects of equipment Prepare and package equipment and supplies for field services
- Participate in the design, layout, modification, and fabrication of Intelligent Imaging Systems components used in the field.
- The ability to read diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and specifications for new installations and continual maintenance of existing Intelligent Imaging Systems.
- Make corrections and as-built markups to schematics and blueprintsPerform comprehensive, onsite equipment installation for our clients, including low voltage wiring, trim-out, equipment rack setup, camera setup and control systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and conduct preventative maintenance on existing traffic control systems.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following – handling equipment up to 50 lbs., sitting for extended periods of time and operating assigned equipment.
- Conduct field and bench testing procedures on a variety of camera and IIS equipment.
- Interfacing with customers in the field on service calls in a courteous, business-like manner.
The qualifications and skills for the position include but are not limited to:
- Ability to coordinate and schedule field personnel.
- Experience in servicing electronic components
- A 2-year diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology or completion of Electronics Technician training at an accredited technical institute.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electronic systems, with preference towards traffic control systems.
- The ability to work with electronic schematics, test equipment and tools for repairs is required.
- Basic to intermediate networking and IP competencies.
- A strong mechanical, technical and analytical aptitude.
This position is based out of the Edmonton office and offers a competitive salary, stock options and medical/dental benefits. Travel is a mandatory component of this position therefore the following requirements must be met.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have valid passport allowing US entry.
- Must pass criminal record check.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle in Canada and the US.
Please submit your resume and cover letter and tell us why you are the best candidate for the job. We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the volume of anticipated applications, we will be responding only to those candidates who are shortlisted.
Subject: Electronics Technician/Field Services Coordinator – Edmonton
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.