Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems. We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise, and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement, and public security.
Reports to: Field Services Coordinator
About the Job: You will be part of the Field Services team that keeps our systems working for our agency customers. Your ability to pick up and travel within the U.S with short notice, your technical expertise, combined with your love of solving problems, are the perfect combination to complete installations, maintenance, and system upgrades at our customer sites. You will support projects involving multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation, electronic hardware installations, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance.
Job Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain a wide variety of imaging and ITS devices such as CCTV and digital cameras, illuminators, video detection systems, vehicle induction loops, dynamic message signs, solid-state equipment, fiber optic equipment, computerized communication cables, light-emitting diode lamps, and related devices and equipment for the freeway, arterial roadways, and government facilities.
- Verify proper device and system operation, conduct inspections, and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions, isolate defects, and repair devices and equipment.
- Participate in the design, layout, modification, and fabrication of the ITS components used in the field.
- Read diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and specifications for new installations and continual maintenance of cameras and ITS devices; make corrections to schematics and blueprints.
- Assist contractors and other agencies with the installation of new devices and system expansion.
- Monitor cameras and devices, diagnose issues, and safely implement changes for effective system operation.
- Evaluate, plan, direct, and perform repair, removal, and replacement of poles, cabinets, controllers, and other equipment; repair conduit, pull wires, and cable, as needed; perform emergency repairs as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and contractors.
- Make independent technical decisions during maintenance activities.
- Direct and participate in a wide range of functional electrical tasks on cameras and ITS components; isolate prime power malfunctions; replace power service points as needed.
- Lead and participate in field and bench testing procedures on a variety of camera and ITS equipment, such as digital camera systems, traffic control systems, dynamic message signs, inductive vehicle detection systems, power service assemblies, and others; test, troubleshoot, and repair camera and ITS equipment.
- Document work performed on all cameras and ITS devices in the shop or field.
- Assist with the production and testing of new technologies. Technical abilities must be upgraded as the company evolves.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining ITS, CCTV, or traffic control systems.
- Specialized training in electronics, networking, and CCTV maintenance and repair or alarm system installations.
- Previous experience using diagnostic and utility software to locate problems and repair system equipment.
- Knowledge of cable and component color coding and the ability to read schematics, construction, and machine drawings.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, testing, and repairing electronic solid-state camera and illuminator systems, roadside electronics, and associated equipment.
- Abide by pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, and traffic control guidelines.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and possess strong techniques and methods of record keeping.
- Possession of valid fall arrest and elevated platform certification is an asset.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities this may include:
- Walking, bending, lifting, repetitive motion, use of hand tools, and test equipment.
- Driving short and long distances.
- Operating assigned equipment.
- Ability to navigate and configure operating devices and equipment.
- Handling equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally climbing up ladders with up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work outside in all most weather elements throughout the continental U.S.
- Valid Passport and ability to travel to Canada as needed.
- Overnight travel is required based on the task.
- Must be flexible to work, workdays, evenings, or weekends as required.
- This position requires a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
- Security clearances must be obtainable for international and domestic travel. Frequent travel within North America will be required. (75% – 90% Plus)
- This is a remote role conducting work at various site locations throughout the US.
Work with us because you believe in what we do. Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for almost 20 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
Since our launch, Drivewyze has been disrupting the commercial transportation industry through our innovation and technology leadership, building, and operating the largest connected truck safety network in North America. We are on a mission to revolutionize transportation safety and efficiency, through our software and services and are inspired by a vision of a commercial vehicle transportation system with zero crashes and zero fatalities. We are proud to have developed the most widely distributed in-truck software application in trucking history, which encompasses over 2.5 million trucks across North America. As a leader in Connected Truck Services, Drivewyze provides fast and efficient weigh station bypass services, proactive in-cab safety alerts, actionable driving behavior insights, and significant fleet analytics. Operating as one team, Drivewyze and its parent company Intelligent Imaging Systems work together to solve problems that have a daily, real-world impact. As a company we continue to pursue our mission and vision by bringing to market new, innovative technology products and services that are disrupting a billion-dollar industry.
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze