As the first point of contact for IT support, this role provides guidance, investigation, and resolution of hardware and software needs for our internal teams. This includes resolving technical issues, providing guidance on system applications, and managing enterprise system updates and outages. As a member of the IT team, this role serves as the voice of our internal customers, identifying opportunities to enhance processes, and helping to shape our IT service model.
Reports to: Manager, IT & Security
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and fulfill requests submitted in the IT Portal Request, manage service requests, and complete incident reporting. This includes providing support for end-user devices, operating systems, and software applications supported by IT. Supported items include but are not limited to custom and commercial applications, desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, and printers.
- Process system user access requests per standard operating procedures, logging, tracking, resolving, escalating, and incidents and service tickets. This includes responded to user requests and issues related to Microsoft suite of products and hardware, and other internal systems.
- Provide support to internal team members related to IT and equipment questions, onboarding processes, and facilitate new user training.
- Maintain, update, and contribute content to our internal knowledge base and develop materials to support end-user training.
- Deploy and support systems updates.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and tracking of hardware and devices, support the purchase of new equipment and facilitate shipments to end-users.
- Support other initiatives and special projects, including assisting with production requests as directed.
- Previous experience in a technical support role providing tier 1 support.
- Degree, diploma, or certifications in Information Technology or related field.
- Understanding of Linux operating system and any of the following certifications is an asset: CompTIA A, +CompTIA Network,+ CompTIA Security+
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and prioritizing tasks with minimal supervision.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts, and board game skills.
- Team social events.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.